As the owner of a home, you are aware there is always something that needs to be fixed. Your Moen MotionSense faucet has stopped working, and you need to fix it ASAP! Luckily for you, this blog post will give you some tips on how to fix the Moen MotionSense Faucet Won’t Turn On problem and run again – no plumber required.
The Moen MotionSense faucet allows you to turn the water on and off with just a wave of your hand. It is easy to install, but if it’s not working properly, here are some troubleshooting tips for fixing your Moen MotionSense faucet.
What is the Moen MotionSense Faucet?
The Moen MotionSense faucet is one of the most interesting new advances in home technology today! This new smart device can be installed in minutes and make getting ready for work each morning much easier than ever before! Wave your hand near the sensor under the spout to get started; no more need. A faucet that won’t turn on can be frustrating. Luckily, this is a very common issue and there are several things you can try to fix your MotionSense Moen faucet.
What is MotionSense Technology?
MotionSense technology is amazing, and it enables the faucet to automatically turn on when you enter the area near your faucet and turn off automatically when you leave.
How Does Moen Motionsense Work?
Moen motion sense faucet consists of a sensor located under the spout. You wave your hand, and the water will turn on. It has a MotionSense feature to turn on automatically with just a wave of your hand. There’s no need to touch anything and waste time and energy! No more wasting water!
This device saves water because it turns off automatically. A sensor is located under the spout to sense any hand movement that will turn on the faucet for you. As long as you have it installed, this is probably one of the most convenient things in your home!
Why does the Moen MotionSense Faucet Won’t Turn On?
Before fixing the Moen motion sense faucet not turn on issues, we need to find out why this occurred.
There are several reasons that your motion sense faucet may not be working properly. Some of the causes include:
- Wired connections to MotionSense components can become loose when the faucet is turned off and on again.
- There are some situations when the batteries in the battery pack go dead and need replacement.
- Foreign objects like bubbles obstruct sensors. There can be a buildup of grease and dirt around the spout which can block the sensor’s ability to sense your hand movement.
- Sensor Blocked: If you’re often cooking with water, it’s easy to forget to turn the faucet off after use. Be sure to wipe up any spills under the faucet head to avoid accumulating and blocking the sensor.
- Control box issues: If you have recently replaced your battery, but it still doesn’t work. There may be issues in the control box.
- Line filters can clog and cause problems with sensor detection of your hand movements.
- A faulty MotionSense component will need to be replaced.
How to fix Moen motion sense faucet not turn on?
A faucet that won’t turn on can be frustrating. Luckily, this is a very common issue and there are several things you can try to fix your MotionSense Moen faucet.
Fixing a Moen motion sense faucet that won’t turn on is really simple. You need to follow certain ways that are discussed below:
- Ensure the wiring connections are secured tightly. The wires connecting the control box and battery pack should be attached securely to their separate parts inside your faucet. Check the wiring connections of the control box; make sure they are plugged tightly into their respective ports.
- Ensure the battery compartment has power by using new batteries, but if the faucet doesn’t work with new batteries you need to replace them with fresh ones. Insert batteries into your MotionSense battery pack according to the polarity marks and ensure they are placed correctly.
- Ensure no dirt or grease is blocking the motion sensor. It’s certainly possible for dirt and grime to get stuck around your spout because nobody likes cleaning up after themselves! But this can cause problems with the motion sensor, so ensure that it is clean of any foreign objects like bubbles or gunk.
- Reset the battery pack. When you push down on the Sensitivity dial, the battery seal will pop up slightly. This is where you can remove and replace your old batteries with fresh ones.
- If the faucet still doesn’t work, you need to reset your Moen motion sense by simple reset procedure. It will take a few minutes to complete the process.
- If all else fails, you’ll need to replace the MotionSense component that is broken or malfunctioning.
These were some of the best ways to fix Moen motion sense faucet, not working problems. I hope you found this article helpful. If you have any comments, please leave them below.
How long do batteries last in a Moen faucet?
How do I replace my battery in Moen Faucet?
What is the difference between a battery pack and batteries?
How long does it take to reset a MotionSensse faucet?
How do you change the battery in a Moen MotionSense faucet?